While blue is greatly associated with masculinity, it is a color preferred by many regardless of the gender. Here are some ideas of how you can incorporate the blue paint colors in your bedrooms and other rooms in your home along with some photos, to give you better visuals when it is combined with other hues.
1. My Daughter’s Bedroom
I used the color Tinted Ice M500-1 from BEHR. It’s a soft, cool and calm shade of blue. For her Ashley cottage retreat twin poster bed, I bought her a floral duvet cover called “Wake in Cloud” from Amazon. A white with a dash of of blues and grays on it. A darker gray pillow for a contrast and a round area rug with a muted shade of gray as she loves the soft feel under her feet. I draped some white sheer curtains and tied them with blue bows to secure them over the top of windows. She leaned a white framed full body mirror against the wall and picked a cinema lightbox for her table lamp.
and Luna said that it is her bedroom as well 🙂
2. our Guest Room
In our guest room in our basement, I also used the same color. Tinted Ice. For contrast, I used a bright pop of color that you can see is of a peach/orange shade. I decorated the room with things that I already have. If you haven’t read my “decorate with things you have”, you can visit it by clicking here.
Although, I used the same paint color, my daughter’s bedroom has a more calm and cool feel to it as opposed to our guest room. Blue, when combined with an earth tone color such as orange, the latter infuses warmth, thus creating a balanced scheme. With the wooden pieces of furniture in the room, it creates an ambiance that feels more cozy, warm, comfortable and welcoming for our house guests. (hopefully, they don’t stay for a month 🙂
3. The room below is a blue paired with white. When the two colors are paired, the duo is always a hit. A cool and serene shade is a perfect match for the simple, crisp and clean look of white.
4. A mixed of blue and yellow is another perfect combination. The yellow adds warmth to blue and creates a bright and cheerful ambiance. A smattering of red colors creates a beautiful contrast.
5. A warm and serene space. The bold blue highlights the orange undertone on the wooden flooring. The art on the wall for a bright pop of orange shade & vibrancy, and greenery to liven up the room. A muted brown toned-wooden furniture with colorful book spines to infuse colors and contrast and the white floor lamp for ambient lighting.
6. Two colors of comparable depth, the dark blue and dark gray. A white is introduced to connect the two shades and wall arts & décor for texture, contrast and interest.
7. A blue and white geometric backdrop brightens up this small modern living space. The glass furnishing and accents make the space visually bigger and appear glamorous. The white gives it a crisper look and the fuchsia color from the flowers and the purple votive candle, add a pop of colors.
8. The blue on the walls mimics the clear blue sky (although it looks hazy outside :(. The wooden furnishing and a dash of brass accents in this room creates a very subtle nautical touch.
9. A pair of blue and white striped sofas, a brown leather chair, a weathered wooden table and flooring and a smatter of red and yellow hues to add contrast. From the pillows to the wall arts and colorful book spines, the combination creates a casual style with a dash of nautical feel.
10. Indigo blue and white are always a safe combo. The deep blue infuses drama into the space and the several accent pieces on the wall creates a sharp focal point. The white sofa appears crisper and cleaner against the deep blue shade.
11. The backdrop blue geometric wallpaper accentuated with metallic silver tiles, the furnishing and the accents incorporated into this living space, creates a fusion of modern, chic and eclectic styles.
12. The coastal inspired living space. The blue, white and gray hues from the furniture, walls and accents mimic the outdoor view.
13. The deep blue color combined with white creates a cool, energetic and crisp feel into this living space. Add some gray to infuse some coziness.
14. The teal painted walls are good for brightening up this room. The white and blue pattern on the lamps, the blue and purple pillows and the fuchsia from the rug, creates a handsome accent and textures.
15. Blue and orange combination brings a modern style into any space. Blue brings tranquility and calm while orange infuses warmth creating a balanced scheme into any space in your home.
16. Shade of blue accentuates this yellow living space. From the blue hues from the pillows and the wall accents, the blue and white patterns from the chairs, all create a handsome contrast into this living space with a rustic feel. The red from the patterned rug gives the room a pop of bright color and it anchors the room to make it an ideal conversation area.
17. Blue accents used in this white bathroom creates a crisp and calming touch into the space. Incorporating blue hues brings a relaxing ambiance and beauty into the style.
18, The blue color sets a cool and relaxing tone into this room. The blue tile details around the shower fixture, the blue trim around the window, the geometric pattern tiles, and the blue-toned bath accessories, bring textures and beauty into the space.
Is your room painted in blue? What color did you pair it with? Feel free to share your ideas on how you made it cozy and a bluetiful :).